UserPatch v1.5 for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion
This is a feature and bug-fix update for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Its primary focus is to correct several long existing issues with the game, the AI system, compatibility, and related elements.
Core Features of UserPatch v1.5
- Population caps have been extended up to 250, or optionally 1000.
- All available video resolutions, including HD and widescreen, are selectable.
- Choose either the standard widescreen interface or the centered style.
- Spectate any single player or multiplayer game live without lag for the players.
- Mirror player civilizations with the new Team Random civ option.
- Select a maximum age for advancement using the "Starting Age" dropdown.
- Each map script generates 4,294,967,296 unique maps from 32,768 in v1.0c.
- Single player mode now operates at 60fps instead of 20fps in v1.0c.
- Browse saved and recorded games from subfolders in your SaveGame folder.
- Check real-time achievement statistics while watching recorded games.
- With the new Relics victory condition, capturing the relics is an instant win.
- The patrol system responds like The Age of Kings with little to no delay.
- New Random button above game settings for new styles of play.
- Flares are now bold and render player colors on the mini-map display.
- New higher resolution 1:1 and 1:2 full map captures with "Ctrl+F12".
- Age advancement notifications are now shown in each player's color.
- Restored games can now be recorded in all game modes.
- The vote panel/serial sync bug has been fixed for multiplayer.
- New auto-save if a problem occurs to ensure that resuming is possible.
- Optional multiple building queue to auto-distribute unit training.
- Many bug fixes for the core game and improvements for the AI system.
- The installer will correct any color problems on Windows Vista and later.
Get UserPatch v1.5 (Beta)
Note: this is subject to change, and compatibility is not guaranteed with the final release.
Please click here to learn more about downloading and installing UserPatch v1.5.
To fix the colors for various 256-color games, please see DirectDrawFix.